- This event has passed.
Microsoft AI with John Weigelt (National Technology Officer at Microsoft Canada)
September 24, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
Synthetic Intelligence Forum is delighted to partner with Microsoft to present a series on Applied AI.
You are invited to join us for part one of this Microsoft AI Series on Applied AI with the National Technology Officer of Microsoft Canada.
John is the lead visionary, evangelist and public advocate within the company on key issues such as the development of national technology policy. Among his specific activities, he works on topics of strategic interest such as environmental sustainability, accessibility, privacy, security and interoperability.
As the field of AI continues to advance, responsibility and accountability are becoming increasingly important across industries. Join us to get an inside look at Microsoft’s research and discover frequently encountered problems as well as breakthrough solutions.
You’ll hear about:
• Microsoft’s groundbreaking approach to AI research, applications, and operationalization
• How to incorporate features like explainability, privacy, and fairness
• Actionable best practices for AI responsibility principles, governance and design
About the speaker:
Bio: John Weigelt is the National Technology Officer for Microsoft Canada, based in Ottawa, Ontario. His role involves sharing Microsoft Canada’s strategic policy and technology efforts with the government, education and healthcare communities.
John has been the Senior Director of Architecture, Standards and Engineering at the Chief Information Officer Branch of the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat and has worked for the Department of National Defense. John has a Master’s degree in Computer and Communications Security from the Royal Military College of Canada.
You are invited to join us online for this “must-attend” event.
Profiles of the host and presenter:
• Vik Pant – https://www.linkedin.com/in/vikpant
• John Weigelt – https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnweigelt/
• Pauline Martin – https://ca.linkedin.com/in/paulinemartinottawa/
AI Solutions – https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/ai
AI Research – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/research-area/artificial-intelligence/
Azure AI – https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/overview/ai-platform/
AI Platform, Tools, and Services – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ai/ai-platform
Join Synthetic Intelligence Forum online:
• Website – http://www.synthint.ai
• LinkedIn (Page) – https://www.linkedin.com/company/synthint/
• LinkedIn (Group) – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12092618/
• YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/SyntheticIntelligenceForum