Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you will do
As the Technical Systems Analyst, you will perform maintenance, installs and decommissioning, performance, and incident management, as well as technical support activities. You will engineer and support new implementations driven by IT and other parts of the business. You will be involved in Migrations and future planning of all data center activities and core applications hosted in the Data Centers. Each day will be fast-paced, challenging, rewarding and meaningful.
Specifically, you will:
- Be part of team leading technology initiatives, build and maintain key elements within Data Center infrastructure and associated projects
- Maintain / Support servers and key applications – Updates, patching, Performance, Hardware
- Provide for delivery of 24/7 service operations, KPIs and security compliance and audit.
- Ensure timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems, options, and recommendations for prompt resolution.
- Assist with Backups, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery Plans, assuring our documentation is current and test regularly.
- Consults with business partners, team, and/or project team to provide technical guidance and troubleshooting/problem resolution.
- Support 7×24 on-call on rotation
Some of what you need
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a professional information technology environment
- Minimum of 5 years related experience supporting Data Center environments.
- 3 years small to medium size project management experience
- Hands on experience with highly virtualized environments for both server and network infrastructure
- High level of experience with various server and client operating systems and their optimal performance in the networked environment
- Demonstrated expertise with infrastructure and a proven history for engineering solutions for Data center operations, monitoring and reliability
- Hands on experience and strong understanding of Windows Servers (2012 / 2016 / 2019), Linux, Citrix, SolarWinds, Big Fix, SCCM, ServiceNow
- Hands on experience with both physical and cloud Data Center environments (Azure).
- Strong knowledge of administrating Active Directory, VMWare and Office 365
- Knowledge and experience with scripting (Powershell)
- Knowledge and experience with Firewalls / Routers (Cisco)
- Understanding of Network Fundamentals, protocols and technologies TCP/IP, VLAN, WAN, MPLS, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC, TLS, NAT, PAT, VPN, BGP, OSPF, Etc.
- Problem solver
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Learning & Development programs
- And more…
- Office environment
- Option to work remotely
- Some travel may be required
- On-call on rotation
Location(s) CA-ON-Richmond Hill