Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and industry specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Role: Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Location: Montréal, Québec
Employment type: Full time (Permanent)
What will you do?
- Spend 50% of time on and around production support including the handling of user tickets, incidents, and problem management
- Identify and create automation to eliminate manual day to day support activities scope and create automation for deployment management and visibility of our services
- Design an autonomous system to manage service reliability by managing risks and drive efficiency
- Define Service Level indicators (SLIs), Service Level Objective (SLOs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Implement best practices for building successful monitoring and alerting systems
- Use expertise to tune and push current systems beyond their normal limit
- Work closely with engineering development teams to design, build and maintain systems and help them decide on products to use schema design and query tuning
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack hardware/software application and network
- Mentor other SREs on standard methodology from monitoring to troubleshooting complex code and database issues
- Represent the SRE organization in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services
- Participate in on call rotation and periodic conference calls with other specialists from other time zones
What you bring to the team?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working as an SRE or similar role
- Ability to take professional ownership of issues
- Experience in software development automation related experience is valued
- Experience in scripting languages such as bash, python, ruby, or compiled languages (e.g. C#, C, JAVA, Scala and Go) are most relevant (other languages are acceptable; one higher level language is desired)
- Hands on experience using Enterprise Tools (e.g. App Dynamic, Grafana, Splunk, Dynatrace, etc.)
- Three Tier Support experience with DBs (e.g. IBM DB2, Sybase, Mongo, Green Plum, KDB, etc.)
- Deep understanding of operating system level concepts such as processes memory allocation and the network stack. Solid understanding of how applications are affected by the above and ability to debug them
- Awareness of and ability to reason about modern software systems architectures ( e.g. load balancing, queueing, caching, distributed systems failure, modes, micro services, Cloud, etc.)
What else could give you an edge when applying?
- Practical experience running large scale online systems
- Knowledge of Messaging layer (e.g. MQ, CPS, XML)
- Knowledge of SFT, COMET, ServiceNow
- Previous experience in a developer support role at a large scale financial firm
What we offer
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law.