Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you will do
As the Sr. Manager, Dropship Merchandise Strategy & Operations, you will manage the dropship program by developing a strategy for this channel in terms of assortment, online merchandising, and promotions. The role will be responsible for the sales performance of the channel and will maximize the customer experience through innovative, relevant, and strategic assortment. You will use data to develop an insights-based merchandise strategy for this channel that will improve customer experience while maximizing sales and margin. The leader will manage and develop a team of analysts and will collaborate with the cross functional teams to execute the channel strategy.
Specifically, you will:
- Conduct research, gathers industry data and trends to determine assortment and vendor selection to execute strategy
- Optimize channel and product performance by understanding cannibalization and incrementality of additional assortment and right level of promotional frequency and depth.
- Manage the overall process and decisions about switching FC locations and location of product to maximize margin and customer experience.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of processes to ensure the overall onboarding of drop ship vendors to the website. This includes vendor on-boarding process including setup in our Dropship platform
- Continuously monitor the placement and replenishment of products to ensure optimal experience for all stakeholders, including customer, warehouse system, Merchandising and Digital teams.
- Create and maintain the processes for SKU set up including vendor onboarding and experience for our internal and external partners.
- Act as a point of escalation for online drop-ship order fulfillment and service levels
- Monitor and step in as required on any sku/vendor inquiries from various sources including customer service, internal teams etc. Look for opportunities to eliminate repeat requests by assessing process improvements that could improve experience.
- Liaise with the Merchandise team in understanding processes involved in onboarding vendors
Some of what you need
- 7+ years in Merchandise and category management for large retailers for both digital and online
- 3-5 years managing and developing a high performing team
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics, engineering, or a relevant field of study.
- Ability to analyze data and turn it into actionable insights for the merchandising teams
- Strong understanding and passion for both retail and online merchandising
- Outcome focused and highly influential.
- Technical skills in analytical software packages to analyze data efficiently
- Problem solver
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Learning & Development programs
- And more…
- Office environment
- Option to be remote
- This role involves periodic travel through Canada.
Location(s) CA-ON-Richmond Hill