Senior Data Scientist
On behalf of our client, Procom is seeking a Senior Data Scientist for a six month contract position in Calgary, Alberta.
Senior Data Scientist Details:
- Work closely with the business teams to understand their goals, business problems and assist in identifying potential analytical and data science solutions and feasibility.
- Support the full range of problem solving activities including data wrangling, ETL pipeline development, rapid scoping level / exploratory data analysis, proof of concept solutions as well as end-to-end execution plans for scaling proven models and deploying into an operational environment.
- Ensure your models and analytics are tested with the end users and iterate to deployable adoptable solutions.
- Communicate key metrics and results to stakeholders, as you progress through delivery leveraging visualization tools as appropriate for effective story telling.
- Continue model / tool support in operational phases, including model performance monitoring and retraining.
- Mentor and guide junior members of the team through the modeling and problem solving process.
- Keep up to date with the latest advances in the data science field and actively participate in data science communities.
- Share and grow data science knowledge across Imperial.
- Conduct peer reviews with the data science team to ensure high-quality products.
- Help mature ML Ops framework and adoption.
- Work closely with the platform and data infrastructure team to ensure data science needs are properly considered in architecture and data pipelines are robust.
Senior Data Scientist Mandatories:
- 5+ years work experience in advanced analytics and data science solving business problems.
- Degree in machine learning, computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, economics, operations research or related quantitative field.
- Proven track record completing and deploying data science solutions in an industrial operating environment.
- Broad array of ML and AI skills (supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement learning and mathematical optimization).
- Strong Python programming skills, additional benefit for Pyspark and Databricks experience.
- Ability to explain data science solutions and concepts to the end users.
- Strong mentorship skills, and enthusiasm for sharing knowledge.
- Ability to effectively iterate and communicate results to stakeholders and team members using appropriate visualization and communication tools.
- Preference for domain knowledge in energy and mining industrial processes.
Senior Data ScientistAssignment Length
6 months with possibility for extensions
Senior Data ScientistLocation
Senior Data ScientistStart Date