Richmond Hill, ON
1 part time casual position available
Monday to Friday anytime between 6am-9pm
Weekend rotating shifts
Grow your career with a company that shares your passion! Our Healthcare Division has an exciting new opportunity to join the Sodexo team as our next Scheduler!
Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 67 countries, we serve over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of services. We pride ourselves on being committed to the highest standard of Employment Equity and Diversity. By partnering with the Stop Hunger Foundation, we have dedicated ourselves to a corporate responsibility by fighting hunger worldwide. Start your journey with Sodexo, as we continue to grow across Canada!
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Work in a time sensitive and deadline driven environment allocating and scheduling staff in accordance with the unit operational requirements, policies, and procedures
- Effectively ensuring the unit’s operational staffing census is maintained by scheduling the qualified staff as per our policies and CBA
- Under the direction of the Scheduling Manager and the individual department manager, you will book coverage for advance needs, project work, emergencies, workload increases (such as ambulance escorts, patient watch), and short-term/long term leaves
- Support the creation of master schedules, review requests, timecards processing and investigation of scheduling incidents
- Work closely with their portfolio managers to ensure staffing initiatives are completed
- Various duties will also include data entry, filing, and documentation of all calls regarding absence due to sickness or other reason
- Process relief coverage, schedule changes, implementation of master schedules, and any project work required
- Timecards processing and pay reconciliations
- Reporting, audits, and investigation of grievances
- Regular meetings with department managers to review staff schedules and action requests
- Any other required tasks
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- College Certificate/Diploma (or equivalent experience)
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with a computerized scheduling program (ESP/Kronos preferred)
- A minimum of two (2) years of recent experience in scheduling, timekeeping and building of master rotations (healthcare preferred)
- Understanding of Collective Agreements and scheduling rules in a hospital environment
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, excellent time management skills
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team member
- Strong customer service skills, telephone etiquette, and display of core values
- Ability to negotiate and cope with stressful situations
- Proven attendance record
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment
What Sodexo Can Offer You:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019
- Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes 2019
- Diversity Inc. Top 50 employer 2020
- And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $18.50 per hour