York Regional Police
POSITION TITLE: IM Processor
DEPARTMENT: IM Processing, Information Management
SALARY: $76,552 – $81,701 per annum
STATUS: 4 (four) temporary opportunities for up to 12 (twelve) months
LOCATION: York Regional Police Headquarters
OPENING DATE: September 24, 2021
CLOSING DATE: October 7, 2021
The duties for this position may involve, but are not limited to:
- Process all General Occurrences (GO), supplemental, follow-ups, tickets and property entries submitted for all of York Regional Police from the transcription queue.
- Maintain the Master Name Index (MNI) queue while transcribing reports, ensuring that all information fields are captured accurately.
- Ensure that all supplemental reports are entered in the appropriate GO and troubleshoot when required.
- Ensure that required action is taken according to information provided within supplemental reports such as making any CPIC updates or modifications.
- Create flag record for contagious diseases following CPIC and Versadex procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure GO’s are flagged accordingly based on the Canadian Centre for Justice Statistics (CCJS) and YRP procedures.
- Generate and validate Ministry of Transportation (MTO) forms, issue follow-ups when required.
- Compose, send, receive and post zone alert messages to the CPIC message board.
- Send, receive, and post all incoming and outgoing messages via CPIC message terminal.
- Prepare, process and assemble Crown Folders, submit disclosure and additional disclosure as necessary.
- Manage the HTRANS and HCOURT handle to ensure all information is completed by officers accordingly.
- Run the Provincial Offences Act (POA) Audit List and complete all Part 1 summons and Part 1 contested ticket folders.
- Successful completion of a college diploma in Business Administration, Office Administration, Legal Administration or related.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working in a Records Management System (RMS) environment performing data entry/verification.
- Experience with the following:
- Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC)
- Criminal Name Index (CNI)
- Police Automated Registration Information System (PARIS)
- Versadex or other RMS systems
- Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA)
- Statistics Canada
- Knowledge of judicial system, court documents, Criminal Code, Highway Traffic Act (HTA), etc. for managing the contents of a crown folder.
- Knowledge of police procedures, rules and regulations, organization structure and hierarchy an asset.
- Problem solving abilities and strong judgement skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to interact with York Regional Police (YRP) members at all levels, and other police agencies.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to maintain tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to adapt, integrate and retain requirements of continual change in procedure.
- Proven ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Able to complete a multitude of tasks simultaneously and work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Shift work position two days from 6:00AM to 6:00PM; then two nights from 6:00PM to 6:00AM.
- Platoon assignment is subject to change at the discretion of Information Services Command due to staffing and/or business needs.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF document, by clicking on the ‘Apply Here’ button below.
- Only those selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail provided on your resume.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding this recruitment process.
York Regional Police is committed to our Corporate Values. All York Regional Police employment policies and procedures are intended to be non-discriminatory and barrier-free in accordance with the principles and spirit of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted in regards to this competition, please advise the Human Resources Representative of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process.
VISION-INSPIRED MISSION-FOCUSED VALUES-DRIVEN