Corrosion Service Company Limited
Corrosion Service was founded in 1950 by Thomas R.B. Watson as the first Canadian firm to specialize in cathodic protection. Our founding philosophy was based on the principles of providing great customer service and developing a deep understanding of customer needs, these same core principles still guide our company today.
Throughout our history we have always been privately owned by successive groups of employees that have risen through the organization. This ownership structure gives us a unique perspective on business and ensures that our stakeholders (customers, employees and partners), rather than shareholders, always come first. This is vital for a company such as ours, given that we exist primarily to protect the environment, our citizens and the prosperity of the communities in which we live.
Position: Health & Safety Administrator
The Health & Safety Administrator (HSA) will assist the National Health & Safety Manager and Eastern Operations in the research, development and implementation of local safety programs, policies, procedures, and standards to ensure all industry and legislative requirements are met.
The Health & Safety Administrator will support Eastern Canadian operations activities in relation to Health & Safety deliverables by assisting in the development of project specific documentation, managing daily operations and project-based safety documentation, conducting branch level orientations, and assisting with inspections and audits as required.
- Manage and develop all Health & Safety Plan (HASP) and Emergency Response Plans (ERP) for Eastern Operations.
- Organize new-hire orientation sessions for new hires and assign online training as required.
- Maintain training records (training matrix) and file in training folders and Pronto.
- Coordinate with contractors on annual pre-qualification updates and ensure all associated files and maintained.
- File and log all health & safety document submissions, (FLRA’s, VIR’s, job permits, etc.) and develop monthly reports to outline submission compliance.
- Assist National HSE Manager in the development of new template, policies, practices, and safe operating procedures.
- Assist National HSE Manager in the development and maintenance of the Health & Safety internal SharePoint page.
- Maintain corporate Safety Data Sheet (SDS) database on the corporate server.
- Assist the National HSE Manager in the development and maintenance of the Health & Safety page on Avenue.
- Assist the National HSE Manager with the Titan GPS dashboard to ensure accuracy and delivery of information.
- Manage data entry for START Cards. Create monthly reports outlining KPI’s.
- Assist National HSE Manager in auditing of corrective actions from incidents to ensure compliance of completion.
- Support employees and management with safety concerns.
- Assist the National HSE Manager in “Day-to-Day” Health & Safety requests, (COI requests, Pre-Qual Requests, JHA Requests, etc.)
- Previous health & safety administrator experience considered an asset.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel PowerPoint, etc)
- Good presentation skills and excellent oral and written skills are also required
- Accuracy and detail orientation are essential.
We are an organization where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, and interesting projects nationwide. It is a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes Corrosion Service a great place to work and grow. Corrosion Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you would like to work in a stimulating environment with the prospect of developing your potential, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining our team.
Note: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks. You must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Please note that only individual selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Administrative Assistance: 2 years (preferred)
- Proven MS Excel & Word: 3 years (preferred)
- Health & Safety Administration: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place