Mon Sheong Foundation
The Financial/Payroll Analyst reports to the Corporate Accountant – Financial Planning & Payroll (FP&P). The incumbent is responsible for the financial, payroll and benefits analysis; ensure the proper accounting of payroll & benefits in the general ledger; assist the Corporate Accountant (FP&P) in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, payroll reporting and cost analysis on union proposals.
- Coordinate with the Payroll Specialist to ensure proper accounting of the payroll & benefits in the general ledger. This shall include review and analysis of the manual and system generated payroll/benefits accounting entries.
- Conduct business process analysis, reporting and trend analysis to identify improvement opportunities.
- Assist in preparation of union negotiation and arbitration by conducting financial and payroll analysis on unions’ proposals; ensure proper implementation of monetary items in accordance with new collective agreements.
- Analyze and monitor payroll and payroll related expenses including but not limited to CPP, EI, WSIB, EHT, Group Benefits and HOOPP.
- Prepare payroll forecasts and budget for all departments.
- Manage the payroll reports, investigate on variances/ discrepancies against budget, time sheets, leave schedule, or other documentation to ensure accuracy and adherence to the Foundation’s policy and procedures.
- Assure timely and accurately filing of payroll-related returns including but not limited to T4 summaries, EHT, WSIB, HOOPP; Business Payroll Survey, Salary & Benefit Disclosure under Public Sector Salary Disclosure Act.
- Assist with periodic audits to ensure accurate payroll and benefit records.
- Respond to all payroll related inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide assistance with various internal and external audits, HRIS implementation, job and compensation analysis.
- Analyzes cost centre details and explains variance.
- Cross check and review payroll process to ensure accuracy.
- Provide backup payroll support.
- Prepare reports to meet MOH requirement: Staffing report, OHRS Trial Balance data, benchmarking reports.
- Any other duties might be assigned from time to time.
- Post-secondary education in business related discipline.
- PCP or PCM designation an asset.
- 5 years of accounting analysis and reporting experience, especially payroll reporting in a not-for-profit sector.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, with ability to create pivot tables, v-lookups and linked worksheets.
- Excellent working knowledge of programming in Microsoft Visual Basic and Data Management.
- Excellent working knowledge of ADP Query, Crystal report writing and understanding of the interfaces between Crystal and the accounting/payroll database.
- Previous experience in ADP payroll system an asset.
- Innovative – ability to seek out innovative solutions and champion continuous improvement in the HR processes.
- Analytical thinking and excellent trouble-shooting skills – ability to use a systematic approach to developing solution and processes.
- Strong communication skills in English & Chinese, verbal and written.
- Results oriented in meeting deliverable targets and deadlines.
- Flexibility and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated team player with strong work ethic.
- Focused on providing exceptional support to our internal customers with a positive attitude and friendly disposition.
- Ability and willingness to contribute effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to deal with accounting/ payroll related issues with a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
Note: We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Disclaimer: Mon Sheong Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.