Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you will do
Specifically, you will:
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the portfolio of applications we utilize, along with their respective strengths and weaknesses, to assist in providing solutions to existing and future challenges.
- Assist in the design of software components to enhance our portfolio.
- Through your knowledge of industry trends and tools, together with your own experiences, work with the team to improve our software, our environment, and our process.
- Translate project goals and product roadmaps into organized technical tasks.
- Work with technology technical leads and business leadership to define the right technology solutions to solve complex problems.
- Help maintain and improve current applications.
- Collaborate with team members in an agile environment.
- Ensure that the team produces clean code and follow industry best practices and designs
Some of what you need
- 5+ years of experience as a Full stack developer with .NET framework.
- 2+ years of experience directly supervising a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft .NET 3.5+ development using C#.
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories.
- Experience of Cloud Architecture/Technologies and DevOps best practices.
- Experience with source control management systems such as GitHub and continuous integration/deployment environments.
- Experience in practicing Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Quality Assurance best practices such as test-driven development.
- Successfully and simultaneously managed multiple large digital-project with an emphasis on Business transformation, Uncertain business requirements, and/or New technology
- Experience with software estimation, often confronted with complexity and uncertainty.
- Ability to take decisions based on data. Versed with tools to measure every aspect of the application.
- Experience in developing large applications in a team environment.
- Ability to manage change. Knowledge of refactoring techniques in order to work effectively with legacy code.
- Ability to present complicated solutions to non-technical audience in a simple and logical way.
- Problem solver
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Learning & Development programs
- And more…
- Office environment
- Option to work remotely
Location(s) CA-ON-Richmond Hill