Contract Duration: 6 months
- Administering and supporting Oracle and SQL database in a day to day operations role. Experience working with PostgreSQL will be a bonus.
- Trouble shooting database related incidents, performance issues and tuning. Capacity monitoring.
- Provisioning databases, making schema changes – all the normal DBA tasks
- Work with data architects to build ETL jobs on-prem and in the cloud.
- 10+ years of hands on experience in working with one or more of the following: SQL, Oracle, ETL, and database diagnostic tools;
- Ability to make critical decisions aligned to GIS direction and strategy
- Thorough understanding of database design principles and database theory;
- Advanced knowledge of Structure Query Language (SQL) and procedural extension language e.g. PL/SQL, SQL/PSM and/or Transact SQL, Business Objects ETL or Microsoft SSIS package, Serverless SQL as Service, Containerization and Oracle database technologies.
- Thorough understanding of: client-server architecture, storage and compute platforms including hybrid-cloud and related services, Active Directory, Windows/Solaris operating systems, virtualization and hypervisors.
- Solid understanding of Apotex Incident, Problem and Change Management processes.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions, solve and troubleshoot problems based on analysis, experience and judgement;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities to accomplish objectives and goals anticipating and adjusting for problems and interruptions/roadblocks;
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills. Excellent interpersonal skills;