Responsible for the sales support and customer service needs of the Innocon market area. This role strives for Innocon’s customer orientation vision: “Best in the GTA”. The Customer Service Representative will need to work closely with customers, sales, and operations to ensure effective customer service. Ensures effective order-taking and dispatch are performed.
The Customer Service Representative/ Dispatcher will need to be flexible to work evening shifts and weekends.
Proficiency with MS office applications in addition to some construction experience would be a definite asset.
1. Health and Safety: Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving, and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas. Ensure all aspects of his/her role are executed in a safe manner. Reinforce safety guidelines with employees, vendors and subcontractors while on construction sites and Innocon operations.
2. Customer Service: Develop relationships with the Innocon client base, ensure collection of COD accounts, and meet performance targets. Responsible for direct order entry for the Innocon market to ensure delivery efficiencies and customer satisfaction are within Innocon standards. Provide the highest levels of customer service while optimizing available resources.
3. Dispatching & Logistics: Adjust schedules to optimize overall deliveries by utilizing the computer dispatch system for trucking of up to 150 loads per day (overall department responsible for over 600 loads per day with 185 trucks). Responsible for communicating with drivers on route and on jobsites to ensure schedules are met. Develop the skills necessary to book the right number of drivers and driver start times for the following day.
4. Reporting: Prepare as needed reporting on customers, drivers, and operations. Assist the sales, customer service, operations and QC teams in preparing necessary reports.
5. Administration: Responsible for the effective utilization of the Command Concrete ticketing system by Customer Service and Logistics Staff. Responsible for ongoing management of the other systems and tools used in the customer service department including radio systems, truck communication systems, and telephone communication systems. Coordination between the sales and quality control staff to ensure correct billing on all invoices.
6. Relationships with Others Jobs:
- Works closely with local Sales and Marketing department
- Works closely with Operations personnel
- Works closely with Quality Control personnel
- Safety Performance objective is “Zero”
- Sales and Customer Service Process Ownership
- Providing high quality customer service and satisfaction
- Responsible to achieve targeted delivery focused KPI’s
- Assist Customer Service and Logistics Manager’s outlined dimensions
Education & Work Experience:
- Secondary education or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 to 3 years work experience in the construction industry.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills – dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers
- Must be flexible and able to balance shifting priorities to meet deadlines
- Possess a general knowledge of construction and A&C products and a solid understanding of the market, competition and business opportunities
- Self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who requires minimal supervision.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and the desire to seek solutions
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and use resources effectively and efficiently
- Possess a commitment and willingness to devote great effort and time in order to reach goals
- Ability to make decision is a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete data and under tight deadlines and pressure
- Proficient with Microsoft applications
Job-Specific Competency Profile:
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Organizational Agility
- Problem Solving
- Timely Decision Making
Foundational Competency Profile:
- Customer Focus
- Ethics & Values
- Integrity & Trust
- Priority Setting
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $19.00-$22.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Logistics: 1 year (Required)
- customer service: 2 years (Required)
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Record and modify customer information within the database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company’s customer service policies
- Other duties as requested
- Temporarily due to COVID-19