Lynderm Research Inc.
Lynde Dermatology is a full-service, multidisciplinary dermatology clinic under the care of Chief Medical Director, Dr. Charles W. Lynde. Our team of healthcare professionals includes dermatologists, family physicians, nurses, medical estheticians, and a plastic surgeon. Lynderm Research Inc. operates under Dr. Charles Lynde as the Principal Investigator. Our research team studies a variety of investigational products including already marketed medications for many different indications including psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, vitiligo, alopecia, amongst other dermatologic conditions. The clinical research team works collaboratively with our physicians to deliver the best care to our patients.
Clinical Research Assistant
As a member of the Clinical Research team, the Clinical Research Assistant (CRA) will work collaboratively with all team members to support the organization and its research operations, including physicians and patients. The CRA is required to conduct all trials according to good clinical practice (GCP), site specific standard operating procedures (SOPs) and individual study protocols. The CRA is responsible for entering clinical data collected from subject visits collected specifically for active Phase IV trials and registries. The CRA is responsible for entry precision, safe uploading, and delivery of clerical research data to the study specific electronic case report forms (eCRF). The CRA will collaborate with the Site Management Organization equivalent, Probity Medical Research on regulatory matters. The CRA will be required to participate in subject chart preparation, filing, shipping, and receiving, and other relevant administrative tasks such as booking and scheduling of research patients. The CRA is responsible for assisting physicians in systemic medication enrollments, patient education and collaborating with Patient Support Programs (PSPs). The CRA will liaison with the Clinical Trials Manager, Principal Investigator and pharmaceutical sponsors and their representatives. The CRA will report directly to the Clinical Trials Manager and/or the Principal Investigator.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) from a recognized, accredited university
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal and patient education skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong time management capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly with medical documentation, abbreviations, reports, and patient education.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) platforms considered an asset
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Experience with eCRF platforms considered an asset
- Passion for patient focused evidence-based medical care.
- High level of professionalism and competence in a clinical setting
- High level of proficiency in customer service
- A willingness to learn new techniques and develop procedural skills.
- Proficient computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an inter-disciplinary team as well as independently
- Participation in training events (online and in-person), as well as practical learning initiatives.
- Electronic data capture (EDC) into eCRF platforms
- Systemic drug enrollments and patient education
- Offer insight and education regarding clinical trial recruitment initiatives
- Generalized trials tasks such as patient scheduling, chart preparation, filing, shipping and receiving
- Other administration and reception duties will be required.
- Keep apprised of new literature and research and development pipeline in the field of dermatology research
- Available to work Monday through Friday beginning at 7:30am.
- Remuneration will be assessed and offered based on education level, clinical experience, and applicable skillsets.
- Hourly base pay and vacation pay following a bi-weekly pay schedule
- Paid training and development with dermatology and industry partners, including practical learning alongside our physicians.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Markham, ON (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place