Powell Group of Companies
PGC Traffic, a member of the Powell Group of Companies, is looking to add an Accounting Assistant to our growing team!
- Administrate and track company documents i.e. invoices, purchase orders, time sheets, work orders, reports etc.
- Organize and maintain documents on an outgoing basis, ensuring all documents have proper approvals
- Gather time sensitive documents to prepare AP/AR packages for processing
- Reconcile accounts and prepare standard reminders for overdue accounts
- Work with the Project Management team to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoices and work submissions
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line, coordinating contact with collections department.
- Posts customer payments by recording cheques, EFTs and credit card transactions.
- Process payments and review monthly cost reporting
- Back up for payroll by entering the timesheets and processing weekly payroll for union employees
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Data entry related to various tasks
- Other duties as required
- College Degree in accounting or equivalent
- Previous Payroll experience, experience in ADP is an asset
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure accuracy of documentation
- Organized and results oriented with a sense of urgency
- Strong communication skills and effective problem-solving skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize various tasks with competing deadlines
- Must be able to work in an extremely fast-paced and adapt easily to a constantly changing environment
Powell Group of Companies is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in an effective and timely manner in accordance with the applicable standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), the provisions of the Ontario Human Rights Code, and any other applicable legislation. Powell’s goal is to foster an inclusive organizational culture.