- This event has passed.
Generating and Understanding Natural Language with AI
July 7, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
Synthetic Intelligence Forum is excited to convene a presentation about Natural Language Understanding and Generation with Dr. Aidan Gomez, co-founder of Cohere.
Title: Generating and Understanding Natural Language with AI
Abstract: Language is essential to humanity, but it can be difficult for computers to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. This language barrier limits our ability to interact naturally with technology the way we interact with each other. Therefore, the mission to build machines that understand the world, and to make them safely accessible to all is an important goal for researchers of computational linguistics. Responsible development of natural language technologies requires organizations to proactively build safer products and accept a duty of care to users, the environment, and society.
Biography: Dr. Aidan Gomez is a co-founder of Cohere where he helps to bring massive language models to the world, safely. He completed his doctorate at the University of Oxford under the supervision of Yarin Gal and Yee Whye Teh. Aidan’s research deals in understanding and improving neural networks and their applications. Previously, he worked with Geoffrey Hinton and Łukasz Kaiser on the Google Brain team. He obtained his Bachelors from The University of Toronto with supervision from Roger Grosse.
Profiles of the host and presenter:
• Vik Pant, PhD – https://www.linkedin.com/in/vikpant
• Aidan Gomez, PhD – https://www.linkedin.com/in/aidangomez/
Web resources pertaining to Cohere:
• About – https://cohere.ai/about/
• Responsibility – https://cohere.ai/responsibility/
• API – https://cohere.ai/api/
Join Synthetic Intelligence Forum online:
• Website – http://www.synthint.ai
• LinkedIn (Page) – https://www.linkedin.com/company/synthint/
• LinkedIn (Group) – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12092618/
• YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/SyntheticIntelligenceForum
Special Thanks to our Partner:
• ET Business Services