- This event has passed.
AI Governance Discussion with Kay Firth-Butterfield (World Economic Forum)
January 31 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST
Synthetic Intelligence Forum is excited to convene a fireside chat with Kay Firth-Butterfield, the Head of AI & ML and member of the Executive Committee of the World Economic Forum. The focus of this discussion will be on “Keys to Successful AI Governance”.
Topic: Principled governance is crucial for the realization of societal benefits from AI. In this fireside chat, Kay Firth-Butterfield will share her insights and foresight about sound governance policies and practices upon which responsible AI is predicated. She will outline strategic opportunities, challenges, best practices, and key performance indicators related to conscientious governance of AI. Take advantage of this great opportunity to learn about the role and impact of governance in ethically harnessing the potential of AI.
Biography: Kay Firth-Butterfield is Head of Artificial Intelligence and a member of the Executive Committee at the World Economic Forum. She is one of the foremost experts in the world on the governance of AI. She is a Barrister, former Judge and Professor, technologist and entrepreneur who has an abiding interest in how humanity can equitably benefit from new technologies, especially AI. Kay is an Associate Barrister, Master of the Inner Temple, London and serves on the Lord Chief Justice’s Advisory Panel on AI and Law. She co-founded AI Global and was the world’s first Chief AI Ethics officer in 2014 and created the AIEthics twitter hashtag. Kay is Vice-Chair of The IEEE Global Initiative for Ethical Considerations in Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems. She is on the Polaris Council for the Government Accountability Office (USA), the Advisory Board for UNESCO International Research Centre on AI and AI4All.
Profiles of the host and presenter:
• Vik Pant, PhD – https://www.linkedin.com/in/vikpant
• Kay Firth-Butterfield – https://www.linkedin.com/in/kay-firth-butterfield-b5b3853a/
Web resources regarding Artificial Intelligence in the World Economic Forum:
• Platform about Artificial Intelligence – https://www.weforum.org/platforms/shaping-the-future-of-technology-governance-artificial-intelligence-and-machine-learning
• Agenda for Artificial Intelligence – https://www.weforum.org/agenda/archive/artificial-intelligence-and-robotics/
• Empowering AI Leadership – https://www.weforum.org/projects/ai-board-leadership-toolkit
Join Synthetic Intelligence Forum online:
• LinkedIn (Page) – https://www.linkedin.com/company/synthint/
• LinkedIn (Group) – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12092618/
• YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/SyntheticIntelligenceForum
Special Thanks to our Partner:
• ET Business Services